Thursday, October 25, 2012

20121025 Fish Fingers


I read about this recipe before but can't remember the exact ingredients and couldn't find it from the pile of baby books I have. I was a bit worried if the fish fingers would be too fishy as I couldn't marinate them with white pepper. Also I wondered if it would taste bland as I could neither sprinkle them with lemon juice nor dip them in ketchup. Oh well, you never know until you try, right? They were good! The below recipe made enough for a baby and an adult. For myself, I dipped them in some ketchup. They would taste good with some mayo with dille and lemon juice too. And you could easily replace the salmon with chicken tenders or white fish.

INGREDIENTS
150g salmon fingers
1 egg
Fresh breadcrumbs from 2 slices of brown bread
1 tbsp parmesan cheese
olive oil

METHOD
1. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan together. In another small bowl, beat the egg.
2. Dip a salmon finger into the bowl of egg, then roll it in the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture until well covered. Repeat until all the fingers are coated.
3. Cover and refrigerate the fish fingers for about an hour.
4. In a non-stick pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the fish fingers for 5-8 minutes, turning occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment